Friday, March 18, 2011

Its' getting close!

Garden time that is.  Yesterday there was a brief reprieve for our stormy rainy weather.  I was just going out to take a look at what I needed to do, and decided to jump right in.  My kids were getting restless and needed to get outside anyway!

lots of fun, before it got REALLY MESSY!
We cleared out some beds, planted some seeds and bulbs and I moved some planters so that I could see them from my sliding door.  I am determined to make this cement slab backyard bloom.
Little Garden Girl next to budding Hydrangea
The soil has poor drainage and I was getting discouraged, but then I noticed that my 2 Iris bulbs said "grows well in wet areas".  Just what  I needed! So I planted them and am hoping for the best.
baby Iris bulb sprout
 Max planted some cilantro seeds in pots for me and he planted some freesia bulbs.  That will be his container. Lavender helped me plant forget-me-not seeds.  I also planted some basil seeds and thyme seeds for my herb collection.  I planted some salad greens in my big galvanized bucket.

Now it's pouring rain, which is the best after planting seeds....at least they won't dry out.  Hopefully after a couple of weeks of sunshine, we will have seedlings!

My clematis is sending up new shoots!  This plant has big lush white blooms, like peonies.  It's a fast grower and vigorous climber.  I gave her a larger trellis this year.

Spring is on it's way!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home