Wednesday, March 9, 2011

As it stands

I am posting here and now, my new blog in it's "unfinished" not quite exactly perfect state.  I have learned that "perfectionism" is a killer of creativity, or at least greatly impedes the process! I had a hard time finding a name that would explain everything that I want to see, say, be and do with my blog.  I decided that there is no one word, phrase of photo that would explain it all.  I can say, my dream blog is multifaceted, like a gem; (ha ha) I like this, that and the other thing; DO I HAVE TO PICK JUST ONE TOPIC! I was never born to pick just one topic!  To begin with, I am Multi-Ethnic. I'm not "black" or "white" I am BOTH (in current terms, African American and Irish)   I've got curly hair but get a mean sunburn and about 500 freckles every summer. I have a grand passion for the glam black pump, while at the same time I love my clogs (wooden ones thank you very much; I only croc in the mud!) I sew and knit and quilt and glue and stamp.  I can be neat about some stuff and a "Messy Marvin" like the best of them. (usually when I am in the heat of some serious creative insanity, I  mean inspiration!) I get excited about crystal champagne flutes and MASON JARS! Heck, my last pregnancy surprised me with TWINS, but boy/girl of course!

So, I am glad to take a moment to celebrate all that excites and inspires me, things that interest and perplex, that make me cry and make me laugh.   So much more to learn do and see.  Especially LEARN.  Along the way, to celebrate and treasure the little miracles that happen every day if I stop and pay attention.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home