Thursday, March 10, 2011

Playful Pinwheels

Close up of the playful kids print
This is Oliver's Playful Pinwheel Quilt.  The fabrics are from the American Jane Recess collection.  I love the primary colors and the vintage prints.  I used a charm pack which is very cost efficient and 1 panel of the kids playing.  I love the old time toys featured.  The stitching is done with pearl cotton in blue and larger stitches.  It's so fun to make quilts for your own children, because you can imagine them taking naps and getting cozy with the finished product.  Oliver loved to watch me work on this, I let him play with the quilt blocks before they were put together.  He learned a new word as well- "quilt!".  So much fun. I want to work with more of those bright cheery colors!

Labels:

1 Comments:

At March 13, 2011 at 5:31 PM , Blogger Mama Meya said...

Your quilt is amazing!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home