Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Something Old, Something New, Something Blue!

It's blue mostly, with dashes of pink here and there. It's new: I FINALLY finished this quilt! It's new because I have never done prairie points before, which is the snazzy name for those cute little triangles along the edge.  It's an all together new experience for me in that I have never made a quilt SO LARGE before.  I quilted it by machine; this took me a great deal of time to muster up the courage to tackle.  I had to get a clear mental image of how I would manage all of that fabric.  I went to the library and checked out the Singer Machine Quilting book; very helpful.  After a few on-line searches and you tube moments, I was ready to go!  As for the "old" part, I didn't have any fabric that I could patch together to make wide enough for the backing but then I remembered a white duvet cover that I had in my linen closet.  It was supposed to be a queen size but my duvet never fit it right. So, I took it out of hibernation, cut it up and had the "old" duvet become part of the new quilt!
The  best part is that this is a gift for my sister Michella.  I can't wait to hear how she likes it!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home